The large flat plain in the south east of Cape Town is called “Cape Flats” which stretches up to the False Bay. It consists of a considerable number of townships where the majority of coloureds and blacks live. Over the decades several large townships were constructed by the South African apartheid government.
The oldest township is called Langa, in Xhosa it means “sun” and was established in 1922. The construction of Nyanga and Gugelethu “our pride” began in the 1950s and 1960s. After the eviction of the District Six many people had to move into these townships. [Read more…]
Nutzer, die hier her fanden, suchten auch:
cape flats | Cape Town Townships Names |